Perhaps the most important part of this foundation (or at least tied with exercise) is eating a healthy diet. The type of dietary approach I recommend, more than anything else, focuses on what I call nutrient dense foods. Nutrient dense foods are foods that contain the most nutrients per calorie.
To help you on your way to adopting more nutrient dense foods into your daily diet, I thought I'd share with you a recipe for a wonderful morning (or any time of the day!) drink you can make which perfectly follows these ideas. I try to drink this for breakfast at least 5 days a week. For more of a cleansing program, you can also make twice the amount and consume 1/2 for breakfast and 1/2 for lunch, then a sensible dinner.
The name given to this drink by its creator (not me I'm sorry to say) is PRIMORDIAL OOZE.
Sounds gross. Tastes pretty good. Helps IMMENSELY!
Primordial Ooze Recipe
For one serving, blend the following items in a high powdered blender in this order:
- 4 oz filtered water
- 4 oz organic, unsweetened juice (ideal choices are pomegranate or unfiltered apple)
- 1 tsp or 1 bunch (depending on form it comes in) of seaweed (dulse, arame, etc)- let it soak for a couple minutes while you get out the other ingredients
- 4 tbsp hemps seeds
- Large handful of dark, leafy greens (rotate kale, collard greens, spinach and dandelion greens)
- Small bunch of cilantro
- Small bunch of parsley
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 to 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Liquid stevia can be added to taste
- 1-2 tbsp grass-fed liver powder
- 1 clove raw garlic
- 1-3 raw egg yolks (save the whites and cook on the side for more protein)
Blend and ENJOY!!